Welcome to our Nursery!
Our nursery teachers are:
Mrs Richmond (Mon, Tues, Wed) and Mrs Parsons (Thurs, Fri)
Our Teaching Assistants are: Miss Crabtree, Ms Lee and Ms George
This half term our new 'Learning Challenge' will be:
"What happened to Jack's beans?"
You can best help your child this half term:
- support your child to water household plants
- discuss plants and trees that you see on your way to and from nursery
- name, describe and taste fruit and vegetables
- visit the local greengrocers. How are the fruit/ vegetables the same or different?
- grow plants at home. Discuss safety- hand washing after handling seeds and soil
- name different gardening tools
- share information, poetry and story books regularly. Chat about the characters, photographs...
- make play dough and develop finger strength
- encouraging them to attempt to put on their own coat, shoe and socks at home, and showing them how to fasten their own zip.
- showing them how to push their hats, gloves and scarves into their coat sleeve, so that they keep all of their belongings together
- counting aloud as you are playing, ensuring they say the number names in the correct order
- touching each item when they are counting, giving one number name to each object
- practising drawing circles and vertical lines in readiness for writing some letters from their own name
Thank you for your support.