Welcome to our Nursery!
Our nursery teachers are:
Mrs Richmond (Mon, Tues, Wed) and Mrs Parsons (Thurs, Fri)
Our Teaching Assistants are: Miss Crabtree, Ms Lee and Ms George
This half term our new 'Learning Challenge' will be:
"What makes a sound?"
You can best help your child this half term by:
- listening to everyday sounds as they play at home and outside
- create sounds with objects and their body
- share stories, poems and information books- how many sounds are there?
- discuss how sounds make them feel
- create sound patterns using their hands, feet and/ or objects
- encouraging them to attempt to put on their own coat, shoe and socks at home, and showing them how to fasten their own zip.
- showing them how to push their hats, gloves and scarves into their coat sleeve, so that they keep all of their belongings together
- continuing to share bedtime stories with your child each night to foster a love of reading
- singing nursery rhymes together, helping to learn new words
- counting aloud as you are playing, ensuring they say the number names in the correct order
- touching each item when they are counting, giving one number name to each object
- practising drawing circles and vertical lines in readiness for writing some letters from their own name
Please speak to a Nursery staff member if you would be willing to play an instrument in front of the children for a few minutes
Thank you for your support.